Ingredients1 h servings 303
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Cut each noodle into 4 equal pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil; place bell pepper halves on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until peppers soften, about 20 minutes.
- While peppers bake, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausage and onion until browned, about 8 minutes. Add tomato sauce, garlic, and oregano and bring to a simmer. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove peppers from oven and pour off any excess liquid. Leave oven on.
- Whisk ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, and basil together in a small mixing bowl. Layer each bell pepper half with 2 tablespoons sausage mixture, 1 noodle piece, and 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture. Repeat layers and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of each pepper. Place stuffed peppers on the baking sheet.
- Bake stuffed peppers in the preheated oven until cheese is browned and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any color bell pepper you prefer. I like to mix it up with red and green for the holidays.
Per Serving: 303 calories; 17.3 19.6 18.1 61 964 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Just the right size for two of us. Only had enough meat for 3 peppers but I had large peppers. Will definitely make again
Delicious! Way more stuffing than the peppers would hold so I also ended up with a mini-lasagna.
Easy to make and absolutely delicious. My husband loved it. I hate leftovers but ate the leftover pepper for dinner the next evening and it was just as good. You could easily make this with grou...
This was a delicious portion-controlled version of lasagna. The peppers were tender and the filling well-balanced. I added a dollop more ricotta than the recipe required to insure generous lay...
Italian sausage adds a little kick but i would recommend a dash of red pepper flakes. I also used Red Peppers which give it a sweeter taste. Everyone loved it.