Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients43 m servings 736
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook poblano peppers over a gas flame, turning periodically with tongs or a fork, until skin is charred on all sides, about 7 minutes. Seal peppers inside a plastic bag; allow peppers to steam as they cool, about 8 minutes. Remove and discard skins and seeds.
- Place peppers, sour cream, water, chopped cilantro, vegetable bouillon cubes, garlic, and black pepper in a blender; blend until creamy.
- Pour sauce into a large pot over low heat; bring to a boil. Drain spaghetti and add to the sauce. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Top with Parmesan cheese and cilantro leaves.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Fettuccine also works well in this.
- Add sliced, cooked chicken breast for a non-vegetarian version and use chicken bouillon.
- For a spicier sauce, add 1 to 2 charred serrano chile peppers to the blender mix.
Per Serving: 736 calories; 36 87.9 18.8 124 82 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Love love love this pasta recipe! I followed the recipe and noticed the cooks notes to add serrano peppers for added spice. I have roasted hatch Chile so I added 1-1/2 peppers instead of the s...