Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 213
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Melt butter in a 5- to 6-quart pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrot; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, tomatoes, wine, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Add tilapia, herbs, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat, cover pot partially, and simmer until tilapia starts to flake, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer tilapia to a plate and cover to keep warm. Simmer cooking liquid until slightly thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Return tilapia to the pot and heat through, 1 to 2 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use olive oil or vegetable oil instead of butter.
- You need 4 cups liquid. Use chicken broth, vegetable, or water as needed.
- Substitute 1/4 to 1/3 chopped fresh parsley, oregano, and/or basil for the dried Italian herbs, if desired.
Per Serving: 213 calories; 5.1 9.8 25.8 55 1450 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This is delicious. Made the recipe almost exactly as written. I added a yellow pepper (I like them and had one on hand). And I was a little short on lemon juice so I zested the lemon and added i...