Roasted Eggplant and Bell Pepper Salad
Crafty Cooking by Anna
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 133
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add remaining olive oil to the skillet; add eggplant and bell pepper. Saute until starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Add tomato, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Return sauteed onion to the skillet. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Transfer eggplant mixture to a baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Cool before serving, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute cilantro for parsley, if you like.
- You can make this salad a day ahead, since the flavor is even better the next day.
Per Serving: 133 calories; 7.3 17.2 3 0 47 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Excellent eggplant dish! Good hot or cold. I used multi colored peppers and a can of diced tomatoes rather than fresh. I also added a can of drained chickpeas, oregano and basil.
I love the vegetables in this recipe and it’s pretty simple to make but the end result is watery and not crispy. I’m sure it’s something I may have done wrong but I won’t make this recipe again.