Ingredients35 m servings 195
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine brown sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Beat on medium-high speed for 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in oil, applesauce, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and lemon extract until incorporated.
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Blend into the brown sugar mixture. Stir in zucchini and poppy seeds.
- Pour batter into the lined muffin cups. Fill any empty muffin cups with water.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center come out clean, 17 to 18 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If using dark nonstick pans, reduce baking temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Per Serving: 195 calories; 7.5 30.2 2.9 21 149 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
my husband and myself loved these muffins,they were moist and so good..I make a dozen muffins and with the rest of the batter I made a zucchini load it also was great. will be making this recipe...
I think that the applesauce made them especially moist. I used lemon extract along with the zest and the lemon flavor was perfect. I recommend these and will use this basic recipe to experiment ...