Mediterranean Chicken Medley with Eggplant and Feta
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 349
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a shallow bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon of mixture for later use.
- Dip sliced chicken into the flour mixture to coat both sides. Place on a plate.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant and onion and cook until soft and browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a baking dish. Cook zucchini and bell pepper in the same skillet over medium-high heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to the baking dish with the eggplant.
- Add additional oil to the skillet if needed and brown chicken on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to the baking dish with the vegetables. Pour tomatoes into the same skillet and add reserved flour mixture and dill paste. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and pour into the baking dish. Top with feta cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh dill.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use diced or stewed tomatoes. Use any color bell pepper you prefer.
- If you like more sauce, just double the mix.
Per Serving: 349 calories; 19 21.7 22.9 77 430 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I couldn’t find dill paste in the store, so I blended fresh dill with a little olive oil. It was a nice recipe change for our family. My teens liked it, but recommended more cheese.
I didn’t have paprika or dill and I made it without. It still turned out awesome!! Full of flavor and an easy to make dinner.
As a self-described eggplant hater I was really surprised at how wonderful (and Mediterranean) this dish is. And everyone in the family agreed. A couple of notes:
This was really really good. Instead of dill paste I used fresh herbs of various varieties, whatever I had in hand, mixed with oil. Otherwise I followed the recipe and served it with a side of w...
This multi-stage cooking made the eggplant overcooked. we will cook ALL veggies together, except tomatos and the chicken should be cubed to eat more easily. we will put cubes in a bag with flou...
I followed this as per recipe, & it turned out very nice. Will def. make it again. A wonderful blend of diff. flavors.