Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 349
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Whisk flour, beer, black pepper, and salt together in a bowl to make batter. Submerge cauliflower pieces in batter to coat. Working in batches of 10, drag 1 piece at a time gently against the rim of the bowl to remove excess batter and transfer to the hot oil. Fry cauliflower, stirring gently to keep pieces separate, until golden, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer fried cauliflower to a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Keep warm in the oven.
- Return oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) between batches and continue frying cauliflower.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also use sliced mushrooms for this recipe.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 349 calories; 22.4 29.1 4.5 0 996 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Self-rising flour huh? That explains what I've been doing wrong all these years. I've made plenty of beer batter but have always used AP flour because that is what I keep on hand. While it alway...