Butternut Farro Salad with Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 271
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Whisk blood orange juice, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while constantly whisking. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Combine water, farro, and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine butternut squash, onion, garlic, olive oil, and salt on the prepared baking sheet and toss to coat evenly.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Transfer farro to a medium-sized bowl to cool.
- Combine cooled farro, butternut squash, pecans, cranberries, and parsley in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to combine. Refrigerate salad for 20 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You may substitute regular orange juice if you cannot find blood oranges.
Per Serving: 271 calories; 14.9 35.4 4.3 0 330 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1