Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 90
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook until just soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and celery and cook another 2 minutes. Stir in kohlrabi and bay leaf and cook for 4 minutes. Slowly add water and milk and stir to combine. Mix in chicken bouillon granules.
- Bring soup to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent milk from frothing too much. Reduce heat and partially cover pot. Simmer until kohlrabi is very soft, about 30 minutes. Remove soup from heat; remove and discard bay leaf.
- Fill blender halfway with soup. Cover and hold lid down with a potholder; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Pour into a pot. Repeat with remaining soup. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Return soup to stove and heat until hot.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use vegetable stock instead of water, but then don't add the chicken bouillon granules.
- If you like your soup vegan, use vegetable stock and omit the milk.
- You can use a stick blender to puree soup.
Per Serving: 90 calories; 5 8.7 3.7 6 92 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1