Instant Pot® Black Bean Soup
"This is a super-easy 'dump' soup for cold evenings. Adjust seasonings based on your preferred flavor profile. We love garlic and cumin, but our children prefer mild heat. This recipe is for a 3-quart instant pot. Adjust if you have a larger pressure cooker. Really good served as-is, but exceptional with rice."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 342
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select the Saute function. Add oil and saute onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic until onion becomes translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Combine water and bouillon in a bowl, stir to dissolve, and add to the pot. Add beans, tomatoes, and corn and stir until well mixed. Bring to a simmer. Add salt, chili powder, cumin, bay leaf, and black pepper and stir well.
- Close and lock the lid. Set valve to sealing and select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 60 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can add 1/3 cup mojo marinade to the pot before pressure cooking, if you like.
Per Serving: 342 calories; 5.1 59.5 18.2 < 1 1601 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1