Turkey Pesto Meatballs
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I wanted something new to do with my ground lean turkey meat and for some reason pesto popped into my head. Who would have thought that pesto meatballs were going to be absolutely amazing? These delicious meatballs coupled with homemade sauce and wheat pasta are a great traditional dinner with a wonderful twist."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 262
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a large baking pan with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes. Add spinach; mix until fully cooked, 3 to 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine turkey, pesto, egg whites, oatmeal, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add onion-spinach mixture and mix well. Shape mixture into balls using an ice cream scoop. Place in the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, 30 to 35 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you want to cook the meatballs in sauce, bake for 20 to 25 minutes then transfer to your favorite homemade sauce. Simmer for 45 minutes. I like to do this so the meatballs and sauce can add flavor to each other.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 15.9 8.9 22.1 63 282 Full nutrition