Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 468
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9x13-inch baking dish)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Bring 3 quarts water and beef bouillon to a boil in a large pot.
- Meanwhile, mix beef, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and garlic in a bowl. Form into 16 meatballs.
- Drop penne into the boiling water; cook for 4 minutes. Add meatballs to the pot; cook until penne is tender, about 8 minutes more. Drain penne and meatballs, reserving 1 1/2 cups cooking water.
- Spread penne and meatballs in the prepared baking pan. Whisk pesto into the reserved cooking water and pour on top. Use 2 spoons to mix thoroughly. Spread mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and meatballs are no longer pink in the centers, about 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use chicken bouillon powder if preferred.
Per Serving: 468 calories; 27.5 28 27.5 65 918 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1