Instant Pot® Cranberry Sauce
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 129
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine cranberries, orange juice, water, cinnamon stick, and vanilla extract in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 1 minute. Allow about 10 minutes for pressure to build. As soon as the cooking cycle finishes, turn the Instant Pot(R) off, as overcooking the cranberries will cause the skins to break.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 7 minutes. Unlock and carefully remove the lid.
- Turn Instant Pot(R) back on and select Saute function. Stir white sugar and brown sugar into cranberry mixture until sugar melts. Season with a pinch of salt. As soon as sugar has melted, turn off the Instant Pot(R) to avoid overcooking. Taste cranberry sauce and stir in more sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, depending on how sweet you like your cranberry sauce.
- Transfer sauce to a serving dish and top with orange peel. Serve warm or cold. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use fresh or frozen cranberries, as you like.
- If the cranberry skins burst, the sauce can be strained. If you prefer a more bitter cranberry sauce add less sugar. Enjoy!
Per Serving: 129 calories; 0.1 33.2 0.3 0 25 Full nutrition