Make-Ahead Southwestern Breakfast Burritos
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"These Mexican-inspired, Southwestern burritos make eating a filling and flavorful breakfast easy! Loaded with veggies and satisfying ingredients, these are definitely my favorite way to start the day, and perfect for meal prep. Try using whole wheat tortillas, brown rice, or adding spinach to make these even more wholesome!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 499
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 burritos)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 18x13-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion, salt, and pepper. Saute until vegetables begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place eggs, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and paprika into the bowl of a food processor. Process on high until jalapeno has been finely chopped. Add tomatoes and process until finely chopped. Add onion-bell pepper mixture and salsa and pulse to combine. Pour egg mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are set, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature in the refrigerator, about 20 minutes.
- Keep oven on; line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray paper with cooking spray.
- Slice chilled eggs into 20 equal-sized rectangles. Sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoons Cheddar cheese in the center of each tortilla. Top each with 1 egg rectangle. Sprinkle egg with 1 1/2 tablespoons Cheddar cheese. Top with 1 1/2 tablespoons each of rice and black beans. Top rice and beans with another egg rectangle; fold tortilla into a burrito.
- Place burritos seam-side down onto the prepared baking sheet. Spray tops lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Flip burritos over and bake for an additional 12 minutes. Let cool completely on a cooling rack before wrapping in foil or freezer paper and freezing in a freezer bag.
You might also like
Per Serving: 499 calories; 22.8 55.4 24.2 268 1206 Full nutrition