Candy Cane Pie
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 677
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Combine sandwich cookies and butter in a food processor and pulse until crumbled and combined. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch glass pie dish and chill for 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a bowl and let stand for 1 minute. Slowly pour in boiling water while blending with an electric mixer on low speed. Add sugar, cocoa powder, cream, and almond extract, beating on medium-high speed until fully combined. Spread chocolate mixture into the chilled pie crust. Keep refrigerated.
- Pour the other tablespoon of cold water into a bowl; sprinkle gelatin on top and let stand for 1 minute. Beat using the electric mixer while pouring in boiled water. Mix in cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla and peppermint extracts until fully combined. Add heavy cream and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in crushed candy canes. Spread mixture over the chocolate layer and refrigerate for 1 hour to fully set.
- Top pie with crushed peppermint candies before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- One to two drops of peppermint essential oil can substitute for the peppermint extract. You can also substitute almond extract with vanilla.
- Feel free to decorate with 2 or 3 candy canes instead of peppermint candies.
Per Serving: 677 calories; 39.1 80.2 4.7 106 202 Full nutrition