Sauteed Garlic Scallops in Caper-Lemon Alfredo
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 520
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Smash 2 cloves of garlic; dice or slice the other three. Wash scallops and thoroughly dry on paper towels. Rub smashed garlic over scallops and season with salt.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil. Cook scallops in batches until lightly crusted and firm, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour water and white wine into the hot skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off the bottom with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat.
- Heat remaining oil in a separate pan over medium heat. Add onion and season with salt and pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the minced garlic and cook until mixture is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to the first skillet and heat over low heat.
- Add cream and remaining butter; heat until it starts to bubble. Stir in lemon zest and juice and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the scallops and capers; warm for about 30 seconds. Plate scallops and sauce; top with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use up to 1 1/2 pounds of scallops.
- Feel free to substitute Parmesan cheese with Romano.
- Substitute the water-wine combo with any deglazing liquid you like.
Per Serving: 520 calories; 43.1 9.2 24.3 154 478 Full nutrition