Roasted Garlic Pasta
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is such an easy recipe to pull together and you likely already have everything you need in the kitchen. Very versatile and delicious with or without meat. Great base recipe to be creative or leave it as is for a tasty, easy, and quick recipe that looks impressive. Can also sprinkle parmesan and fresh basil to garnish."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 930
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut off the top of the head of garlic to expose the cloves, trimming about 1/4 inch off of the top of each clove. Brush the cut cloves with a small amount of olive oil and nestle the head into a piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cloves are tender and browned, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven. Increase temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place 6 to 8 cloves in a blender or food processor. Add butter, salt, and pepper and blend until smooth. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place cherry tomatoes in a bowl, toss with remaining olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Spread over a baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven until soft and browned, about 10 minutes.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in bucatini and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 9 to 13 minutes. Drain and toss with the mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, and remaining butter-garlic sauce.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Spaghetti or linguini would also work in this recipe.
- You can substitute sun-dried tomatoes for the roasted grape/cherry tomatoes. You can add/omit veggies (peppers, onions, broccoli, etc.) or meat (seasoned chicken or pork) and mix in a little sour cream and shredded Parmesan to make it creamy and rich.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of roasted garlic. The actual amount of roasted garlic consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 930 calories; 55 93.4 18 122 385 Full nutrition