Ingredients20 m servings 464
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in water, chili powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Lay out tortilla chips on the sheet pan. Top with ground beef mixture. Cover with olives, jalapeno slices, and Cheddar cheese.
- Broil until cheese is bubbly and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream and salsa for dipping.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute pico de gallo for the salsa if preferred.
- Use Colby Jack or pepper Jack cheeses instead of Cheddar if desired.
Per Serving: 464 calories; 28.7 34.8 19.3 63 915 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This is a great way to eat tacos without the mess Very easy to make. I cannot eat spicy foods so I used a mild salsa. Not only did I make it, I have made it several times
You can actually add cold chopped items at the end, like tomatoes, lettuce and cilantro for better flavor and more crunch.
Did not use the black olives (don't like them) nor the jalapeno peppers (didn't have any). It was good. 3 minutes in my broiler was WAY too long, the edges of the chips got burnt. Also I woul...
I made pico de gallo and fresh jalapeno and instead and it was fabulous.