Cheesy Vegetable Casserole with Eggplant
5 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 281
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add eggplant and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and pour eggplant into an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Melt butter in a 3-quart saucepan on medium heat. Add flour and mix to create a paste. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, brown sugar, and salt and cook over medium to medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until mixture bubbles and thickens, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour mixture over the eggplant in the baking dish.
- Cover the vegetables in the baking dish with Cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot and bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use 3 medium tomatoes cut into medium to small pieces in place of canned tomatoes if you prefer.
- This dish may be prepared in advance, refrigerated, and later baked.
Per Serving: 281 calories; 15.9 26.4 10.9 45 840 Full nutrition