Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 102
- Combine flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add butter and beat until mixture resembles crumbs and starts to stick together. Work until dough sticks together and forms a smooth ball that is not sticky, adding milk if mixture is too dry. Press into a disk shape and wrap in wax paper. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour a clean countertop. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven until bottoms are lightly golden, 18 to 22 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Line the countertop with wax paper. Dip tops of cookies into the melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl. Place cookies on the wax paper and immediately sprinkle tops with remaining 1 tablespoon orange zest. Let dry.
Per Serving: 102 calories; 6.1 10.5 1.2 14 39 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 27
I love anything with that fall like spice to it! This is probably the best recipe for this kind of cookie yet. Like another commenter said, there are soft and sooo delicious. My husband doesn’t ...
My kiddos love these! Mmm so do I! I tried coating them with white chocolate, but that didn’t taste quite as nice.