Gluten-Free Hemp Seed-Apple Muffins
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"I have made this recipe at least 10 times before publishing it for you. I have included substitutions that will not affect the end product and that will allow you to make this recipe nut free. I promise you this gluten-free recipe will come out perfect every time and taste like it isn't gluten-free!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 231
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 muffins)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease an 18-cup muffin tin or line cups with paper liners.
- Combine diced apples and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Combine sugar and coconut oil in a large bowl and beat using an electric mixer until evenly blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Stir sorghum flour, almond flour, rice flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt together in a bowl, making a well in the center. Pour sugar mixture into well and stir just until batter is combined; fold in apples and hemp hearts using a spoon or a spatula.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed and a toothpick comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool muffins in the tin for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any combination of ginger, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice, alone or in any combination, as long as you end up with 1 teaspoon spice. Chia seeds can be substituted for the hemp hearts. Either white of brown rice flour can be used.
- You can spread the batter out over an entire baking sheet (lined with parchment paper) or spread it out as 3 to 4 long loaves over 2 baking sheets.
- Never forget to add the xanthan gum to the dry ingredients when baking gluten free! If you add it to anything wet, it will turn the batter into a thick, snotty, taffy-like substance.
- Always line your pans with parchment paper or muffin liners! Just forget about greasing and flouring (rice flour) pans. Gluten-free baked goods will stick!
Per Serving: 231 calories; 13.3 25.4 4 18 131 Full nutrition