Cheesy Squash Casserole
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 529
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add zucchini and yellow squash; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 6 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in another large saucepan. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until onion starts to soften, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and saute until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix crackers with 1/2 cup melted butter in a medium bowl.
- Combine squash mixture, mushroom mixture, tomatoes, pimento peppers, mayonnaise, green onion, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Layer 1/2 of the squash mixture in a large casserole dish. Cover with 1/2 of the Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Top with 1/2 of the cracker crumbs. Layer remaining squash mixture, cheese, and cracker crumbs on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is bubbly and cracker crumbs are browned, 20 to 30 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 529 calories; 40 32.7 11.5 56 897 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was the first time I made this dish. I left out the spinach, unintentionally, but the next time I will make sure to add it. I bet with the spinach it would have been a rating of 5. The d...