Instant Pot® Mexican-Style Meatballs and Quinoa
5 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 592
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix veal, eggs, minced red onion, 3/4 cup cotija cheese, 1/4 cup cilantro, bread crumbs, milk, cumin, chipotle, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together in a bowl. Form mixture into about 20 walnut-sized balls.
- Heat a multi-functional electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) on Saute setting. Pour in oil. Saute red onion slices and jalapeno pepper until starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Add quinoa and stir. Pour in broth and 1/2 of the tomato sauce. Mix well. Add meatballs to the pot and pour remaining tomato sauce on top.
- Close and lock the lid. Select medium pressure on Manual mode according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 10 minutes. Allow 8 to 10 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes. Serve meatballs over the stewed tomatoes and quinoa. Top with remaining cotija cheese and cilantro.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use any kind of broth you prefer.
- If your machine does not offer a variety of manual pressure settings, choose high pressure but reduce cooking time to 8 minutes or so.
Per Serving: 592 calories; 27.2 46.5 38.2 211 1621 Full nutrition