Bonnie's Low-Carb Green Bean Casserole
Bonnie Cramer Stone
"This luxurious, flavorful, rich casserole is great for the holidays or as an occasional treat... unless you are following a low-carb diet - then it's a weekly must! A favorite with both sides of my family and always gone at potlucks, it is my go-to 'take a dish' that everyone requests!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 306
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel until cool; crumble bacon into a bowl.
- Melt butter in another skillet over medium heat. Add celery and bell pepper; cook until beginning to get soft, about 3 minutes. Add onion and cover the skillet. Cook over low heat until very soft, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Combine mayonnaise and cream in a large bowl. Add salt, black pepper, and garlic powder and stir to mix. Add crumbled bacon, green beans, and Cheddar cheese and toss to distribute sauce. Pour mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly around the edges, about 30 minutes. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil if the top begins to get too brown.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I often double this recipe and bake it in a 9x13-inch pan. If there are any leftovers, they are always gone the next day!
- Feel free to use bacon drippings instead of butter. Any color bell pepper will work.
- Get creative with your cheese choices. I have used everything from basic Cheddar cheese to a pepper-jack and lots of mixes of whatever was in the fridge, all with fabulous results!
Per Serving: 306 calories; 26.3 6.8 11 61 1016 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1