Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 262
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 scones)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a large mixing bowl. Cut in butter until mixture looks crumbly. Mix in cranberries, pecans, and orange zest until evenly distributed. Stir in eggnog.
- Turn dough out on a well floured surface and cut into 2 pieces. Keep sprinkling on flour if needed. Form each piece into a disk and gently pat each disk into a round about 6 inches in diameter. Sprinkle each disk with coarse sparkling sugar. Cut each round into 8 wedges using a bench scraper or sharp knife. Cut straight down through the dough so you shear the edges; this helps the scones rise. Don't separate the wedges.
- Transfer dough circles to the prepared baking sheet. Separate the wedges slightly; there should be about 1 inch between the wider edges.
- Bake in the preheated oven until scones are just beginning to brown, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute chocolate chips for the pecans if desired.
- You can reheat the scones for 10 minutes, lightly tented with foil, in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Per Serving: 262 calories; 12.4 35.3 4 25 263 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2