Danny's Whole30® Protein Bars
"At long last I'm revealing the recipe for my famous Whole30® snack bars. They are delicious as a midday snack or post-gym protein bar. Most protein bar recipes call for added sugar, sugar substitutes, artificial sweeteners, or honey...these use chopped dates to be Whole30® complaint! The recipe is influenced by ingredients found in Jewish macaroons, with egg whites and shredded coconut."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 253
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 bars)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a 9x9-inch oven-safe glass baking dish.
- Combine almonds, sliced almonds, cashews, pistachios, and pumpkin seeds in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse on the 'coarse' setting until coarsely chopped. Pour 1/2 the mixture into a large bowl. Continue blending the remaining mixture in the food processor until nuts are finely chopped and have a flour-like consistency. Add to the bowl. Fold in dates, coconut, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Add coconut oil and egg whites to the nut mixture in the bowl, folding until well incorporated. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 40 minutes.
- Remove and let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Cut into bar shapes and wrap in aluminum foil for easy transport.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- At the end of Step 2, you can also add chopped 100% cacao or raisins, if you like.
Per Serving: 253 calories; 20 15.5 6.3 0 205 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1