Cranberry-Orange Shortbread Cookies with Apricots
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"I was searching to make the perfect citrus-y cranberry shortbread cookie, but it always felt like something was missing. So on a final attempt, when I didn't have enough dried cranberries to make a full recipe, I threw in some dried apricots and bam! That was it! They add the perfect backdrop flavor to these shortbread cookies!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 10 m servings 110
Original recipe yields 32 servings (32 cookies)
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg in a bowl; mix together.
- Cream butter in a large bowl using an electric blender until fluffy and lightened in color slightly. Add sugar and cream on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, several more minutes. Mix in vanilla and orange zest. Add flour mixture in 3 batches and mix until just combined, kneading the last addition by hand. Knead in cranberries and apricots.
- Divide dough in half and roll out into two 1 1/2x7-inch long logs. Wrap each log in parchment paper and refrigerate until dough is chilled, at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and cut each log into about 16 slices that are 1/3-inch thick. Place slices 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies just begin to turn slightly golden on bottom, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
You might also like
Per Serving: 110 calories; 5.9 14.1 0.9 15 23 Full nutrition