Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 950
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line an 11-inch round baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine sliced apples, 1/2 cup white sugar, butter, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Mix together gently, being careful not to break apple slices. Pour sugary juice from the apple mixture into the prepared baking pan. Arrange sliced apples on top in a circle. Sprinkle raisins on top of apples and pour any remaining juice over all.
- Combine olive oil and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add egg yolks, flour, grated apples, baking powder, and remaining white sugar. Stir well to combine. Beat egg whites to a light froth in a separate bowl and stir into the olive oil mixture carefully. Pour over the apples in the baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cover cake with foil if the top browns before the cake is done baking.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool, about 30 minutes. Invert cake onto a serving plate.
Per Serving: 950 calories; 46.8 128.9 8.8 110 228 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made this for dessert on Christmas day for the family. Everyone loved it, overall rating was 8.5 out of 10. A couple of people thought it could be a bit more moist, although I didn't agree, I...
I am giving this 5 stars on the aroma alone! It is still in the oven, but man it smells delicious! Going to update after lunch. I will definitely be saving room for dessert!