Low-Carb Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti with Mushroom Marinara
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a great low-carb dish for those who choose not to eat regular pasta. The flavor of the squash is very subtle and with the addition of the marinara and fresh cheese, barely detectable. To make it a super quick meal, plan ahead and make the marinara the night before. The flavors are even better this way."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 212
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic salt; saute until onion and mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute more. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, and oregano. Cover and simmer until flavors combine, about 45 minutes.
- Pierce skin of the spaghetti squash in several places. Place in a microwave-safe bowl and cook, turning every few minutes, until tender, about 5 minutes per pound. Drain any liquid that accumulates in the bowl. Let squash cool until easily handled.
- Cut squash in half. Carefully scoop out seeds with a spoon and discard. Run a fork through the flesh, separating it into strands. Place strands directly in a strainer; excess liquid will continue to drain off.
- Divide squash among pasta bowls. Top with a generous portion of marinara and Parmesan cheese.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Don't be afraid to substitute a can of sliced mushrooms. It will still be tasty!
- If you reheat the squash before serving, drain again.
Per Serving: 212 calories; 5.1 40.1 9.4 2 746 Full nutrition