Cod and Green Bean Curry
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"A friend was kind enough to show me this recipe some 15 years back, and I still use it frequently. It's not like the other cod curries on this site--it's lighter, and well worth a try. Especially when the vegetables are in season. Spice to your liking. Serve on top of basmati or white rice."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 130
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine tomatoes, green beans, onion, and garlic in a large glass baking dish. Toss with olive oil to coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until edges of onion are slightly charred and green beans start to look dry, about 40 minutes. In the meantime, mix water, curry powder, and ginger together.
- Remove dish and stir the vegetables; stir in curry mixture. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Lay cod over the bottom of the dish and coat with vegetables. Continue baking until fish is opaque, 25 to 30 minutes depending on thickness.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Fillet sizes may vary. I use thick cod loins and cut them into serving size pieces. You can also use this recipe with sea bass.
- Ginger can be either in powder or fresh ground state--just be careful not to go overboard if fresh.
Per Serving: 130 calories; 4.2 10.8 13.6 23 93 Full nutrition