3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 126
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Pour a few inches of water into a pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low to keep water at a simmer. Combine egg yolks, water, Marsala, and sugar in a large heat-proof bowl and set above the simmering water. Cook, whisking constantly with a balloon whisk, until sugar is dissolved and mixture starts to thicken, about 2 minutes.
- Continue cooking and whisking until sabayon is the texture of mousse and holds its shape, 15 to 20 minutes. Lift bowl occasionally to let steam escape and keep eggs from overcooking. Serve immediately.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use less sugar if you want to use this as a savory sauce.
- Use the alcohol of your choice.
- If you can't serve immediately and sabayon starts to separate a little, just give it a gentle whip over the water again for a few seconds.
Per Serving: 126 calories; 4.4 15.2 2.7 205 10 Full nutrition