Dairy-Free Almond Butter Cookies
"Delicious cookies that have the same basic flavor as peanut butter cookies, but can be eaten by people with peanut and milk allergies! I love to make these with my friend because she has a peanut allergy and I have a dairy allergy. They taste great and no one can tell that they are dairy free!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients24 m servings 63
Original recipe yields 48 servings (4 dozen cookies)
- Mix almond butter, white and brown sugars, shortening, margarine, and egg in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking baking soda, and baking powder until dough is combined.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Dip a fork in sugar and use it to flatten cookies in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light golden brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Both smooth and chunky almond butter will work.
- I don't usually refrigerate the cookies because I prefer a chewy texture, but if you want a crunchier cookie, refrigerate dough for up to 2 hours before baking.
Per Serving: 63 calories; 3.5 7.4 0.9 4 46 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1