White Beet and Artichoke Heart Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 157
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add beets, cover, and steam until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Chill beets for at least 1 hour. Chill artichoke hearts at the same time.
- Mix vegan mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and salt together. Combine beets, artichokes, celery, and macadamia nuts in a bowl. Add dressing and toss; serve chilled.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Unless you've grown white beets in your garden, or can get them at a nearby farmer's market, you may have to substitute with golden beets. No worries, neither the presentation nor the flavor will change greatly, although the salad will then be somewhat yellow, rather than white. If you cannot obtain either, white potatoes may be used (don't use red beets, unless you don't mind this salad looking completely different!).
- Roasting beets will darken the surfaces, which is fine with red beets, but not necessarily with white beets. To maintain the whiteness of white beets, they should be steamed.
- This recipe serves six, or three hungry diners jonesing for a second serving immediately after the first bite!
Per Serving: 157 calories; 10.2 14.8 3.2 0 607 Full nutrition