Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 151
Original recipe yields 40 servings (40 cookies)
- Combine vegetable shortening and confectioners' sugar in a large bowl. Use the kneading hooks of an electric mixer to mix until smooth, creamy, and pale in color. Slowly mix in flour and vanilla extract using the kneading hooks. Cover dough and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees F (160 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with shortening.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Press a pistachio on top and slightly pat each cookie to flatten.
- Bake in the preheated oven until very lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, about 15 minutes more, before removing from baking sheet.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use butter instead of shortening, if you don't need the cookies to be vegan. Feel free to use cooking spray on the baking sheet or line it with wax paper.
- You can use almonds in place of pistachios.
- To size into mini cookies, use teaspoon scoops instead of tablespoons.
Per Serving: 151 calories; 10.6 13 1.3 0 2 Full nutrition