Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 962
Original recipe yields 3 servings (3 pavlovas)
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Invert a small bowl onto the parchment paper and trace the rim with a pencil. Repeat twice more. Flip parchment paper over.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks begin to form. Gradually add white sugar, with the mixer running. Whisk superfine sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Gradually beat into the meringue. Continue beating meringue until stiff, glossy peaks form. Beat in orange blossom water and vinegar.
- Spoon meringue into the traced circles. Make the borders higher than the center, to leave room for the filling.
- Bake meringues in the preheated oven until firm and dry to the touch, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon curd. Fill a medium saucepan with 1 inch of water and bring to a bare simmer.
- Whisk lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, egg yolks, and salt together in a glass bowl. Set the bowl over the simmering water. Cook, whisking constantly, until curd foams, then thickens, about 10 minutes. Remove the bowl from the simmering water. Gradually whisk in coconut oil until melted and incorporated.
- Strain the curd through a fine-mesh sieve; discard solids left in the strainer. Press a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Transfer to the refrigerator.
- Turn off oven and keep meringues inside until completely dry, about 1 hour.
- Combine heavy cream, confectioners' sugar, and orange blossom water in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Spoon lemon curd into the center of the cooled meringues. Mound whipped cream over the curd. Arrange grapefruit, orange, and persimmon slices on top. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over the top.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can make one large pavlova instead of 3 smaller ones.
- Whipped coconut cream can be used for a completely dairy-free dessert. If you're not trying to eliminate dairy, use butter instead of coconut oil in the lemon curd.
Per Serving: 962 calories; 49.4 132.7 12.6 382 227 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1