Cookie Butter Brioche Star
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 443
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place bread flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a mixing bowl. Use a fork to mix together. Add milk, egg yolks, and butter. Knead until dough comes together into a ball and feels smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Pour vegetable oil into a large bowl. Add dough and roll around to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 1 to 2 hours.
- Transfer dough to a flat work surface. Knead gently to knock the air out. Form dough into a flat oblong shape, then roll into a log. Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Keep dough covered with a damp cloth while you work with 1 piece at a time.
- Dust work surface with a little flour. Use a rolling pin to roll out first piece of dough. Invert a round 8-inch pan or plate on top; trace the rim with a sharp knife to cut dough into an 8-inch circle.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and slide the circle onto it. Warm cookie butter briefly in the microwave to make it easier to spread. Spread 1/3 of the cookie butter over the dough circle.
- Repeat with 2 more pieces of dough and remaining cookie butter. Roll out last piece of dough, cut into an 8-inch circle, and place on top. Invert the pan or plate over the stack and cut through all the layers to make a perfect circle.
- Invert a small drinking class in the center of the circle. Use a sharp knife to cut dough into quarters, from the base of the drinking glass to the outside edge. Cut quarters into eighths, then into sixteenths.
- Grab 2 slices and twist each one twice, in opposite directions. Repeat all the way around the circle. Pinch and seal all the ends. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Beat egg whites lightly and brush over dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The awesome thing about this delicious recipe idea is that you can make it with so many different fillings. Use what you love!, whether peanut butter, dulce de leche, cheese, jam, or cinnamon and butter
Per Serving: 443 calories; 17.2 61.3 8.5 50 46 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1