Mexican Green Spaghetti
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 397
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Combine bell peppers, water, chicken bouillon, and garlic in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook until peppers are soft, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter.
- Fill blender halfway with the pepper-broth mixture. Cover and hold lid down with a potholder; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Pour into a bowl. Repeat with any remaining mixture. Stir in sour cream.
- Line the bottom of the baking dish with a layer of the spaghetti. Spread a portion of the pepper puree on top and add a layer of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering spaghetti, pepper puree, and cheese until all ingredients are used up.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use any kind of bell peppers you like. Seeding is optional. If not making this for kids, you can boil a jalapeno pepper with the bell peppers.
- You can also cover the dish with aluminum foil while it bakes to keep the noodles from crisping and burning. In that case, I wouldn't advise putting cheese on top; whenever I do that it doesn't taste as good...
Per Serving: 397 calories; 16.6 48.8 13.4 38 423 Full nutrition