Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 495
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place poblano peppers on a broiler pan on the highest shelf in the oven, 1 inch below the broiler element. Heat the broiler's oven to high. Broil until fifty percent of the tops are charred, about 5 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side, about 5 minutes more.
- Place peppers in a large plastic bag. Allow peppers to steam as they cool, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain.
- Peel the loosened skin from each pepper. Wipe with a paper towel to remove any remaining pieces. Avoid running peppers under water; this will diminish the charred flavor.
- Place peeled peppers, canned peppers, romaine, onion, cilantro, and garlic in a blender. Blend until well combined.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in pepper mixture and saute until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Mix cream cheese and sour cream together and add to the skillet. Stir in lemon juice. Simmer sauce for 10 minutes. Add pasta to the skillet and mix well.
You might also like
Per Serving: 495 calories; 18.4 69.7 15.5 39 702 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was really good. I do however think the pasta needs reduced by half. The flavor was good but there wasn't enough sauce to cover all of the pasta making it a little dry. I'll definitely make...