Ingredients45 m servings 488
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Stand peppers up in a single layer in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add steak strips and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Cook until heated through, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Remove peppers from the oven, leaving oven on. Drain any liquid that may have accumulated in the bottoms. Fill each pepper with steak mixture and top with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Return peppers to the hot oven and bake until provolone cheese is brown and bubbly, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Per Serving: 488 calories; 38.9 10.4 26.3 89 594 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Baked peppers for 15 minutes and they turned out the way I like them with a slight crunch even with the extra time to melt the cheese on top. Prior to stuffing the peppers I mixed shredded chees...
Not bad, for a starter recipe. Chopped the pepper tops, added onion, garlic and cheese. Need to think about seasoning the meat. Will try again.