Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 643
- Set programmable pressure cooker to SAUTE. Add rinsed and drained beans and 6 cups water. Bring to a boil and fasten and lock lid. Switch cooker to HIGH PRESSURE for 1 minute. Release pressure manually and carefully drain beans. Transfer beans to a bowl, and set aside.
- Place cooker insert back into the programmable pressure cooker and set to SAUTE. Add oil and sausage; cook 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage begins to brown. Add onions, garlic, and thyme; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent. Add beans, stock, and salt. Cover programmable pressure cooker and fasten lid. Lock and seal steam valve. Set to HIGH PRESSURE and cook until beans are tender, 10 minutes. Release pressure manually.
- Uncover programmable pressure cooker. Stir in kale, pasta, zest, crushed red pepper, and tomatoes. Fasten and lock lid, set cooker to HIGH PRESSURE and cook for 5 minutes. Release pressure manually. Serve in bowls topped with cheese.
- Cook's Tips:
- Settings may vary across models and brands. It's important to refer to your cooker's manual to learn what settings to use (Saute, Pressure cook) for this recipe.
- Don't have a programmable pressure cooker? For a stovetop version, soak the beans overnight in 6 cups of water; drain. Saute the sausage, onion, and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high. Add the drained beans, stock, and salt, and simmer over medium-low, covered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients (except the cheese) and cook over medium-high heat for 8 minutes, until pasta is al dente. Serve topped with cheese.
Per Serving: 643 calories; 21.9 78.3 37 41 1577 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
Loved it! Substituted 2 cans northern beans, fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chilis , 1 tsp dried thyme ,about 3 cups frozen spinach/kale mix and a small amount of broken up pappardel...
I made one change: I added the hambone I’d saved from Thanksgiving! Wow! It was A-Mazing!! The flavors went pop in your mouth. We loved it! The pasta added lots of texture. My instant pot press...
I made this and Loved it!!! I added a few chilli pepper flakes to give it a little kick.
Made it, liked it, tasted great, cooked on stove top. Easy recipe.
Great Soup. Lemon a nice touch. Next time I'll use half as much pasta..
Love this recipe. Very hearty. The flavors are distinct, but well balanced. The recipe needs no changes. Enjoy this.
I could not stop eating bowls of this soup!! My 3 children and husband loved it as well!! It is definitely one of my favorites
I doubled the smoked sausage and left out the pasta. It was delicious! My family loved it! Soaked the beans overnight and cooked it on the stove. Easy!