Manchego and Mushroom Sandwiches with Arugula Salad
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 678
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place 1/4 teaspoon garlic in a large bowl.
- Toss remaining garlic, mushrooms, shallots, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper together on a rimmed baking sheet, arranging in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange bread slices in a single layer on a separate baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; flip. Spread fig jam over 2 slices. Sprinkle Manchego cheese and mozzarella cheese over remaining 2 slices.
- Transfer bread to the preheated oven and toast until golden and cheese is melted, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While bread toasts, add sherry vinegar to bowl of reserved garlic. Add 1/2 of the bell peppers, remaining olive oil, remaining salt, and pepper; whisk to combine. Add arugula and spinach, tossing to coat.
- Top cheesy sides of bread with remaining bell peppers, mushrooms, shallots, and a small handful of the salad mixture. Top these with remaining bread slices, jam-side down. Halve paninis; serve with remaining salad mixture.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Mirin (sweet Japanese cooking wine) makes for a good, less abrasive substitute for the sherry vinegar.
- Infused oils such as garlic or chile oil work extremely well in place of olive oil on the bread for added flavor.
Per Serving: 678 calories; 37.2 63.2 25.4 35 1242 Full nutrition