Slow-Cooked Peppered Pork Stew
Ingredients5 h 20 m servings 384
- Turn slow cooker to High and add a little water to coat the bottom of the pot. Add carrots and cook until nearly tender, about 1 hour.
- Add condensed soups to the carrots. Fill 1 emptied can with water and stir in until soup is as thin as a broth. Add celery, potatoes, and onion. Sprinkle in cumin, pepper, basil, garlic, mustard, and dill weed. Stir well and season with salt.
- Lay pork tenderloin on top of vegetables; cut in half if needed to fit. Cover and continue cooking on High for 4 hours. Pork should be slightly pink in the center, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Remove pork, cut into chunks, and return to the pot. Stir and simmer as desired.
- Cook's Note:
- Both dried or fresh basil will work.
Per Serving: 384 calories; 14.6 38.3 26.1 71 1340 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I had all the ingredients on hand (so I thought) and made this for dinner. I always have cream of mushroom and cream of celery in my pantry, however, this time I only had cream of chicken so I...
I made this on the stove top and it was easy to put together. It has a different/odd combination of herbs and I was a little leery, but found they went together well. 1 T. is a lot of cumin and...