Loaded Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 464
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Prick with a knife and drizzle with olive oil; rub to coat. Space sweet potatoes evenly apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until completely tender, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a pan over medium heat. Cook and stir until bacon starts to get crispy and the fat turns foamy, 4 to 5 minutes. Add green onions and jalapeno; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Let sweet potatoes cool until safe to handle. Leave the oven on. Cut off the top 1/3 of each potato, holding the knife at a 45-degree angle. Scoop out sweet potato flesh from both the top and bottom halves, leaving at least 1/4 inch flesh in the bottoms to make the shells.
- Season the sweet potato flesh with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Add 1/2 cup cheese, creme fraiche, and lime juice. Mash with a potato masher. Add the bacon mixture and mix until combined. Spoon filling into the sweet potato shells. Lightly scatter remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until heated through and tops have started to brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Chef's Notes:
- Pick sweet potatoes that are about equal in girth, not necessarily length.
- Substitute sour cream or regular heavy cream for the creme fraiche if needed.
Per Serving: 464 calories; 18.5 59.3 16.4 50 740 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I love sweet potatoes, but I do not want added sugar. Not because of any dietary restrictions - I just think sweet potatoes are sweet enough without added sugar. I did not stuff these. I jus...
These came out fantastic! I followed the recipe almost exactly (I'm vegetarian so I omitted the bacon and just sauteed the green onions/jalapeños in olive oil) and they were incredibly tasty. ...
These were great, but I made the following changes: 1. I cut the yams in half after softening so I could use both top and bottom rather than throwing out the top third. The skin slides off real...