Loaded Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 464
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Prick with a knife and drizzle with olive oil; rub to coat. Space sweet potatoes evenly apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until completely tender, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a pan over medium heat. Cook and stir until bacon starts to get crispy and the fat turns foamy, 4 to 5 minutes. Add green onions and jalapeno; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Let sweet potatoes cool until safe to handle. Leave the oven on. Cut off the top 1/3 of each potato, holding the knife at a 45-degree angle. Scoop out sweet potato flesh from both the top and bottom halves, leaving at least 1/4 inch flesh in the bottoms to make the shells.
- Season the sweet potato flesh with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Add 1/2 cup cheese, creme fraiche, and lime juice. Mash with a potato masher. Add the bacon mixture and mix until combined. Spoon filling into the sweet potato shells. Lightly scatter remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until heated through and tops have started to brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Chef's Notes:
- Pick sweet potatoes that are about equal in girth, not necessarily length.
- Substitute sour cream or regular heavy cream for the creme fraiche if needed.
Per Serving: 464 calories; 18.5 59.3 16.4 50 740 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
I love sweet potatoes, but I do not want added sugar. Not because of any dietary restrictions - I just think sweet potatoes are sweet enough without added sugar. I did not stuff these. I jus...
These came out fantastic! I followed the recipe almost exactly (I'm vegetarian so I omitted the bacon and just sauteed the green onions/jalapeños in olive oil) and they were incredibly tasty. ...
This recipe is awesome! We have made it several times and it is always so delicious to the point of being addictive. The savory/salty of the bacon with the sweetness of the potato along with the...
These were great, but I made the following changes: 1. I cut the yams in half after softening so I could use both top and bottom rather than throwing out the top third. The skin slides off real...
Followed the recipe almost exactly, and it turned out very well! I didnt have jalapeno peppers on hand so I subbed with 1 green serrano chili instead and also omitted the bacon - kept everythin...
Excellent. I never cared for sweet potatoes, but this recipe converted me.