Ingredients2 h servings 508
- Grease 2 baking dishes with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Cut sourdough loaf into 1-inch cubes and divide cubes between the dishes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook leeks in the melted butter until they begin to soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add remaining butter, mushrooms, salt, and pepper; cook until mushrooms have softened, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over the bread. Mix cream, eggs, 2/3 of the cheeses, thyme, and parsley together in a large bowl. Pour over the bread and mushrooms. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Uncover puddings and sprinkle remaining cheeses on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops begin to brown, about 40 minutes.
- Please note differences in ingredient amounts when following the magazine version of this recipe.
Per Serving: 508 calories; 35.3 31.2 18.2 233 511 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
It cooked beautifully and is really tasty. It would be a great side dish or alternative to stuffing. We're eating as a vegetarian entree.
Totally delicious. Whole dish eaten in one sitting. Everyone said it was the best thing I made. Yeah. And I’ve made it a second time already for a pot luck supper. It was a winner!
Enjoyed this marvelous recipe at Thanksgiving Dinner. My nephew made it according to the directions. This recipe will be replacing our standard stuffing...it was delicious.
I was very impressed with this recipe. It was easy to assemble and was quite moist. It did take more than the 1/2 lb. sourdough to make the 7 c. of bread cubes required. This is actually goi...