Turkey Sausage-Stuffed Delicata Squash
"All the flavors of fall are packed into this comforting meal. Serve one half per person as a main entree, or slice into wedges and serve as a side dish. Delicata squash are usually about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds each. If you don't have any leftover rice, feel free to leave it out or replace with any cooked grain."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 348
Original recipe yields 2 servings (2 squash halves)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Brush cut sides of squash with 2 teaspoons oil. Place cut-sides down on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until soft, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey sausage. Saute, breaking up into small crumbles, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add celery, onion, garlic, sage, rosemary and thyme. Continue cooking until vegetables are soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in rice, cherries, and parsley until mixture is warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn squash halves over so they are cut-side up. Fill with the sausage mixture and top with Parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute brown rice for the wild rice if desired. I usually keep single-serve precooked rice cups in the pantry to use for recipes like these that only require a small amount of rice.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 21.7 19.1 20 69 799 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1