Ingredients30 m servings 453
- Bring wine, orange juice, and shallot to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until about 2 tablespoons of liquid remains, about 10 minutes. Add cream; simmer until mixture is almost evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Whisk in 8 tablespoons cold butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until incorporated. Remove from heat. Strain and discard shallot, then whisk in vanilla.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook, turning once, until browned and opaque, 3 to 5 minutes total. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Top scallops with the orange sauce, orange sections, and celery leaves.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use seeds from 1/4 of a vanilla bean if you don't have vanilla bean paste.
- Original recipe is good for 1 pound fresh or thawed sea scallops.
- Substitute chives or green onions for the celery leaves, if desired.
Per Serving: 453 calories; 30.7 17.7 22.8 122 579 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I had a bit of trouble following what went where before in the sauce before the scallops but it all went well and I 'll definitely make it again.
I made it tonight and I’m going to make it again tomorrow! SO YUMMY
The sauce was delicious, different but we loved it. Definitely need to use vanilla paste or seeds, I used vanilla extract and it seemed off. My family loved it! Will definitely make this again w...