French Fried Onions
Ingredients25 m servings 38
- Soak onions in milk for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder, white pepper, and salt. Add a handful of onions and toss to coat. Remove and repeat with remaining onions, one handful at a time.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or deep fryer. Fry onion in batches, stirring as needed, until evenly browned, 2 to 3 minutes each. Drain on paper towels and season with more salt. Store in an airtight container.
- Cook's Note:
- Use any seasonings you prefer.
- Editor's Notes:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of milk and flour. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 38 calories; 0.9 6.4 1.2 < 1 9 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
So easy, so quick and so delicious, definitely make more than you plan to because they are just that good you can't help but eating it all.
Loved this! I was in a super hurry for a quick batch and didnt' have the onion powder or garlic powder, so I made it with just one onion (per the instructions in the intro, above) using only mi...
Absolutely delicious!!! I even substituted gluten free flour (Bob's Red Mill brand) and they turned out perfectly! I will definitely make these again.