Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 55 m servings 183
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 loaves)
- Mix milk and yeast in a small bowl with a fork until frothy, about 5 minutes. Add egg, butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1 cup flour. Beat for about 5 minutes. Add remaining 2 cups flour; mix until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead until dough is smooth and feels rubbery, about 10 minutes. Add additional flour if needed. Add chocolate chips and cherries; knead just until incorporated.
- Cover dough and let rise in a warm, humid area until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough gently. Let rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough in half; shape into loaves. Transfer loaves to a greased baking sheet and let rise again, about 1 hour more.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, 20 to 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you have a bread machine, follow its instructions for the manual setting.
Per Serving: 183 calories; 5 30.3 4.5 17 169 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
11.23.18 This was just so darn easy to make today using the KA stand mixer. As with most homemade bread, all you need is time. I used the beater blade and then when it came time to knead, put...