Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 313
- Combine warm water and yeast in a large bowl; stir to dissolve. Add warm milk, egg, marmalade, and butter. Stir to combine.
- Mix flour, oats, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add to yeast mixture and stir until moistened. Knead dough until smooth and elastic, 6 to 8 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to coat both sides. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cranberries, brown sugar, and water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until cranberries begin to soften, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in walnuts, butter, and lemon juice. Let cool.
- Punch dough down. Roll dough into a 10x20-inch rectangle on a floured surface.
- Whisk egg white and water together. Brush lightly over the dough. Spread cranberry filling over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides. Roll up tightly, starting from a long edge. Seal edges and cut off any tapered sides with no filling.
- Transfer roll to a large square baking sheet. Join ends together to form a ring. Use sharp kitchen shears to make cuts at 1-inch intervals, cutting 2/3 of the way through the dough. Twist each slice gently to expose the swirled filling. Gently shape dough into a perfect ring. Cover and let rise until doubled, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Let cool completely.
- Stir powdered sugar and orange juice concentrate together in a small bowl. Add enough water to reach a glaze-like consistency. Drizzle glaze over tea ring. Allow glaze to set before slicing.
- Cook's Note:
- Frozen cranberries can also be used.
Per Serving: 313 calories; 8.6 52.5 7.5 29 289 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I followed the recipe and am definitely going to be keeping this one, might have to try it with peaches next time. Yummy
Delicious, followed the recipe except did add a little orange marmalade to the cranberry mixture as well. Took a little longer to bake than called for.