Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 585
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Combine macaroni, milk, water, garlic salt, and salt in a Dutch oven on a stovetop over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently so noodles don't stick to the pan, until noodles are soft and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in margarine and pepper until melted. Stir in Cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Top pasta with bread crumbs, remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, and bacon bits.
- Place Dutch oven under the broiler until topping is lightly browned and crispy, 1 to 3 minutes. Top with chives and serve immediately.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use butter in place of margarine, if you prefer.
Per Serving: 585 calories; 25.7 63.9 27.2 54 1116 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Very easy Mac and cheese recipe. You can mix and match your favorite cheeses